The Flower Raj Encyclopaedia.
A small factual Encyclopaedia of people & places.
The Flower Raj is a documentation & archive project that seeks to generate & preserve written, pictorial & oral histories of some seekers, travellers & escapers, who set out from the West, in the 1950s, 1960s & 1970s, to travel to India.
We also record Indian travellers & seekers who interacted with & influenced Westerners, and in turn were influenced by them. Additionally – ‘Indian’ in this context includes differing ethnic, cultural & spiritual groups who largely reside in India, an example being the Tibetan Buddhist diaspora.
The Flower Raj is a community project and you are encouraged to contribute, either directly by emailing us to set-up an account for you and getting to work, or, by contacting the administrators with your contributions of text, images, audio or video.
Some Existing Pages
- Kalu Rinpoche Tibetan Master.
- Terry Clifford Early American explorer of Tibetan Medicine & Culture.
- Ganesh Baba Mendicant Sadhu & Teacher.
- Jasper Newsome English Traveller & aspirant Naga Baba.
- Mary Oberne Early American traveller & Goa resident.
Articles, Photos & Blog Sections
- ARTICLES self-published articles & stories.
- BLOG interviews, stories & reporting.
- PHOTOS photo albums, images, image collections.
Can You Join Us?
Once we have issued your account, you can LOG IN & contribute by adding new pages or editing existing pages with new or updated information or by correcting errors. All previous versions of all pages are stored so you don't have to worry about ruining existing material, see How to Contribute.
We need an editors; most of all, contributors to add new material.
All material in this encyclopaedia (wiki) is copyright "The Flower Raj" unless otherwise explicitly stated.
- Released under Creative Commons Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported.
Basically - you can copy & distribute our work provided you attribute it to The Flower Raj, do not change it & do not use it commercially.