From The Flower Raj Wiki
Geshe Ngawang Wangyal, aka Geshe Wangyal (born Astrakhan province, Southeast Russia, c1901 – died USA, 30th January 1983).
Geshe Ngawang Wangyal, a Kalmyk-Mongolian guru who received his Buddhist training in Kalmykia and in Tibet & also lived in Beijing, established the Tibetan Buddhist Learning Center (Labsum Shedrub Ling) in New Jersey, USA, in 1958 as the first Tibetan Buddhist dharma center in the West.
Books by Geshe Wangyal
- Geshe Wangyal - author listing in Google Books.
- The Door of Liberation: Essential Teachings of the Tibetan Buddhist Tradition (Paperback) - Amazon USA.
- Geshe Wangyal. Wikipedia on Geshe Wangyal.
- Tibetan Buddhist Learning Center founded by Geshe Wangyal.
- Geshe Wangyal & the Mongol diaspora.
- Geshe Wangyal in the Rigpa Wiki.
- The Kalmyk Contribution to the growth of Tibetan Buddhism in the United States (.PDF 700KB).
This article is a stub and needs expansion.